I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist (HCPC registered and BPS accredited) who has worked in a range of NHS and third sector settings with individuals and groups. These included IAPT, GP and student counselling, secondary, specialist and secure mental health services. My training and work experience means that I have an understanding of mental health diagnosis and experience of working with issues that have been going on for some time.
I can support people to explore and manage a range of issues including:
- Overwhelming Feelings
- Anxiety, Worry, Panic Attacks, Social Anxiety, PTSD
- Stress and Workplace issues
- Low mood and Depression
- Procrastination, Exam-related stress
- Complex Trauma
- Sexual Trauma
- Cultural and Adaptation Issues
I have extensive experience of working with people at different stages in their lives- such as students studying in further education, working adults, to individuals presenting with complex physical and mental health difficulties who need 24-hour support. I mostly work with adults but also with young people from the age of 16.
I have offered brief short-term therapy (6 sessions) to longer term (2 years) therapy. In addition, I have facilitated reflective practice groups and clinically supervised staff members in organisational settings.
I currently work in inpatient mental health and forensic settings. Here, people tend to have a mental health diagnosis and present with complex and enduring issues. I am also an assessor with the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) in Guildford.
Central to my work is the relationship between the therapist and the client, and the development of a confidential, contained and safe space to explore difficult experiences. I do not judge what you bring to the therapeutic space, instead, the work is on developing an empathetic understanding of your thoughts, feelings and actions.
I work integratively drawing from my background in Humanistic, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Mindfulness, Cognitive Analytic (CAT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Eye Movement and Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy. Particularly I am interested in how our experiences shape the way we deal with and manage things. For some people, exploring these allow for insight, that is sufficient to help them make positive changes in their lives. For others, robust changes in behaviours need to be negotiated between themselves and their environment (such as with their family, work and friends). At times, I request my clients to fill in journals to develop a good shared understanding of these issues and to assess if there are patterns of thinking or behaviours in their daily life.
- Practitioner Doctorate in Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology (University of Surrey)
- BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- EMDR (Eye movement and Desensitisation Reprocessing)
- BPS Approved Certificate in Resource Based Therapies- Positive Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- BPS Approved Certificate in Trauma Focused CBT to work with PTSD
- MSc Counselling Studies (University of Edinburgh)
- Pg Graduate Certificate in Counselling, COSCA validated (University of Edinburgh)
- MA Psychology (University of Edinburgh)
- Individual sessions: £65 for a 50 minutes’ sessions including the full initial assessment session
- Students or therapists in training (self-funded): £45 for 50 minutes session
- Low-cost counselling: Available for those unemployed or receiving benefits at £40 per 50 minutes session
- Clinical Supervision for qualified practitioners– £65 for one-hour appointment,
- Clinical Supervision for Trainees or therapists in training– £50 for one-hour appointment
I am a registered practitioner with:
- AXA PPP
Please see the therapy contract page for more information on my services.
You can either pay by cash, at the end of each session or by BACS within 5 days of the session. If you prefer, I can provide you with a monthly invoice, and full settlement is expected within one week of invoice receipt.